Austin Panic Room has been listed as the seventh-best escape room in the country, according to a new ranking compiled by USA Today travel experts.
The local attraction opened in September 2014 downtown at the corner of 12th and Rio Grande streets and offers a variety of themed rooms, with the themes changing every 10 to 12 months. Currently, you can choose from five themes: Museum Heist, Prison Break, Abandoned School, Cabin Fever and Phase III: Human Trials.
According to USA Today, the top 10 best escape rooms in the country are:
- Real Escape Game – San Francisco
- Mission: Escape – Atlanta
- Palace Games – San Francisco
- Locked In: The Birmingham Escape Game – Birmingham, Ala.
- Breakout KC – Kansas City, Mo.
- House of Hints – San Diego
- Austin Panic Room – Austin
- Room Escape Live – Los Angeles
- Trapology – Boston
- The Basement – Los Angeles
Owner Robert Ma said he got the idea to open Austin Panic Room after visiting an escape room on a trip to London.