Florida man in coma after e-cigarette explodes

By Cox Media Group National Content Desk

ecigarette

MIAMI – A southwest Florida man is in a medically induced coma after his electronic cigarette reportedly exploded.

According to WINK, 21-year-old Evan Spahlinger of Collier County was smoking the e-cigarette Monday when it blew up, burning his face and neck.

Spahlinger was taken to a Naples hospital, then transported to Miami.

“They said he has internal and external burns and damage to his lungs from the explosion itself,” Ema Richardson, Spahlinger’s sister, told WINK. “And possibly the mouthpiece went, when the cigarette exploded, it went down his throat and exploded again.”

Officials said the cigarette’s lithium battery is probably to blame for the incident.

Read more here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s