As evidenced by the even-slower-than-normal traffic today, thousands of people are filling our city to attend the Formula One races. These tourists won’t be spending all their time at Circuit of the Americas — chances are they’ll be snapping pictures at some of Austin’s most iconic and photogenic locations to share with their friends back home.
We’re talking about these ten recognizable spots:
- “I Love You So Much” mural
- “Greetings from Austin” mural
- “Welcome to Austin’s Historic Sixth Street” mural
- “Your My Butter Half” mural
- “Hi How Are You frog” mural
- Stevie Ray Vaughan statue
- Willie Nelson statue
- Leslie Cochran statue
- The top of Mount Bonnell
- The Capitol
But what about all you Austinites out there? We know you’ve taken your share of pics with the “I Love You So Much” mural. Send your photos of these ten local staples to email@example.com. We’ll add them to our gallery and your pictures may even appear in print.