Though Zooey Deschanel is the new girl in town, don’t forget that another buzzworthy actress called the capital of Texas home long before: “Magic Mike XXL” actress Amber Heard. The 29-year-old was born in Austin and can currently be seen receiving Channing Tatum’s athletic overtures in the male stripper blockbuster.
Here are five things to know about Heard:
1) Heard, married to actor Johnny Depp since earlier this year, made headlines Wednesday after she was summoned to appear in Australian court over allegations she smuggled her pet dogs into the country. The couple did not declare their Yorkshire terriers, Boo and Pistol, when entering the country in April, according to Australia’s agriculture department. Addressing the Australian government’s response to the incident, Heard told NBC “I have a feeling we’re going to avoid the land Down Under from now on, just as much as we can, thanks to certain politicians there.”
2) As is befitting an actress with Texas ties, Heard made her film debut in 2004’s “Friday Night Lights.”
3) She was honored by the Texas Film Hall of Fame in 2014, receiving the Rising Star award.
4) According to Tatler, Heard loves guns, muscle cars and line dancing.
5) Heard reportedly shaped much of her “Magic Mike XXL” character’s appearance and personality, including an affinity for red velvet cake, as she explains in the video below: